Friday, April 27, 2018

The right spot

“It’s about finding the right spot.” she said, curling up on the tweed couch and almost spilling her drink on the top of her breasts. She pressed her chin down hard and wiped her fingers over her exposed skin to check for a splash, and no doubt would have licked it off her fingers if she found a wet spot.

She looked up and smiled, “oops” as if to flirt that she really wasn’t buzzed, not even a little bit…. just clumsy.

“So you’re leaving on the next thing smoking, huh?” She continued after another sip.

“Not particularly looking forward to it, but it is what it is.” I said.

“And what is that?”

“I don’t know… a chance to get out of here. Do something different.”

“You know what they say about bored people, don’t you?”

I almost rolled my eyes, but knew it was true. I was stuck and had been stuck in this shithole of a mindset for years. For so long I couldn’t remember if it was something that happened gradually or if I had always been this way. Luckily she wasn’t listening to my thoughts.

“You’re not boring are you?” She teased, and I thought she moved her knee ever so slightly, just enough to suggest something from within the shadows between her thighs.

“Depends on what you’re up for,” I said, feeling a little cocky.

“Yeah…” she toyed with me, rubbing her finger around the rim of her glass and calculating something in her head. “I bet.” She finished, and dismissed the subject just as easily as she had suggested it.

I felt like I was left hanging, ready to pounce on something that was withdrawn without warning. I got up, shaking it off, irritated at having been so manipulated.

“Look, I’m out,” I said, finishing my glass and setting it on the table between us. “I still gotta…”

“C’mere.” She said, setting her glass beside mine and rising on her knees.

The fire in me got a breath of fresh air and I gave into it like a little puppy just excited to be there. I walked over to her like a big dummy, heart pounding despite every effort to stay cool. Her hands snaked themselves around my neck and pulled my face down to hers. Our eyes locked and I could tell she was enjoying this, a light dancing in her eyes before she looked at my mouth and covered it with hers. For some reason I had a flashback of licking syrup off my plate after I finished my pancakes. She was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home