Friday, June 02, 2006

October Space

I had cut my mind on the turntable and was leaning just as heavy as when I downed three long island iced teas before the girl at the bar finished her shot. I was warm and laying against this velvety cushion of anything being possible - the kind that makes the air feel like a fine fuzz of novicaine over the skin. Slow motion is for the enjoyment of the sensuality of the moment.

The lights were french kissed into neon water color, spilling each second into the one around it the same way a strobe snatches thoughts and makes it possible to fall asleep while taking a piss.

A person might rub their eye too long, laugh a little longer than they're supposed to, or exaggerate every smile with a smoothness that is seductively amusing and charmingly eclectic - an illusion on par with mass hallucination.

You don't keep time in clubs for this reason. As soon as you walk through the door, you're stepping into a black hole - time doesn't matter, just the rhythms you feel and the rhythms that feel you. Darkness means warmth and comfort. The men come here to dive back into the womb.

She was allowing herself to be sensually molested by the pulses emanating from the speaker when I saw her for the first time. The tribal groove imprinted on her soul was only evident here. To the untrained eye, it was just a gutteral sound, a sexual provocation. But in the eye of the connoiseur - the groove was the fundamental life force free to be without the excuse of interpretation and judgment.

We never touched each other. I never had a wet dream while awake before. I never came so hard even when having sex. She let me taste her soul while she licked mine.

We found the place love returns to and danced in the liquor of its spirit in the throes of an amazing blend of the most exquisite music I've ever heard.

It was a moment thing - enjoyed then and never again. And though I may see her on the street and never speak, in my mind, in my memory, that night, we were two birds of fire performing in a ballet of heaven.

- March 18, 2006